A utility providing comprehensive professional protection of the operating system load and hard disk contents against unauthorized access by setting a unique password.
Restricting access to a specific disk, partition, and removable drive (USB drive, flash drive, memory card, etc.) hides it from the system device list. Not only is the password used to access the contents of a disk, but it is also required to identify it.
The utility also allows you to set a unique password to protect any operating system load from any disk. Your passwords are securely encrypted and stored in the read-protected segments of the disk.
Because the Disk Password Protection 5.4.3 system provides data access restriction at the low, hardware level, the protection mechanisms start working with the disk directly even before the operating system and any third party software are launched. This protection logic and the innovative technology of accessing disk partitions provide stronger protection and help avoid the potential interference of unauthorized software in the protection algorithms of the utility.
Disk Password Protection 5.4.3 is perfectly optimized to work with Windows 8 or higher and can be used to control load protection in BIOS and with UEFI. In addition to MBR disks support, the utility has the feature of protection of the disk and partition load on GPT devices. Support for both basic and dynamic disks is also included.
Another important advantage is that uninstalling the utility will not automatically remove the protection. Even after the OS is deleted, all of the protected partitions and disks will remain protected until you disable the password protection, and that is impossible to do in any other way other than with the Disk Password Protection 5.4.3 utility tools and respective passwords.
» version 5.4.3 - posted on 2016-02-17
Fixed a bug that prevented the program from starting on systems with disabled themes.
» version 220.127.116.11 - posted on 2008-08-06
Windows 2003 Server support improved. diskpp_kernel.dll had dependency on MSVCRT DLL. This dependency has been removed.
THE LICENSE AGREEMENT FOR USE AND DISTRIBUTION
The present license agreement (hereinafter "Agreement") is a legal agreement between you (the natural or legal person) and EXLADE, Inc. with regard to the software Disk Password Protection (hereinafter "Program"), including the software which has been recorded on an information carrier and any "embedded" or electronic documentation. By installing, copying or otherwise using the program, you take up the terms of the present agreement. If you do not accept the terms of the agreement, you may not use the program.
The LICENSE FOR the PROGRAM is protected by laws and international agreements on copyrights, as well as other laws and contracts regulating copyright relations.
UPDATING the SOFTWARE.
To receive an update you must have the license for the program for which this update is supplied by the author. The update replaces or supplements the updated program. The program obtained as a result of such update is to be used only in compliance with the present agreement. Minor updates (of a 4.х type) are free for registered users. To acquire major updates (of a x.x type), you must completely pay for the license.
1. All copyrights on Disk Password Protection exclusively belong to the author of the program, Vasil Mikulich, an EXLADE, Inc developer.
2. You can use this program during the trial period of 30 days. If you intend to continue to use this program, you HAVE TO register your copy of the program.
3. Upon registration, the user can utilize Disk Password Protection for any legal purposes on the number of computers and under the terms stipulated in the purchased license.
4. DISTRIBUTION. You may use this program as part of your commercial services as long as you own the commercial license of the Disk Password Protection and the product that you produce and/or distribute is NOT a software product with functionality substantially similar or equivalent to Disk Password Protection. The only file that may be distributed with your application is diskpp_kernel.dll
5. The unregistered trial version of Disk Password Protection can be distributed free only as it was delivered, i.e. without any changes.
6. DISK PASSWORD PROTECTION IS DISTRIBUTED "AS IS. THERE ARE NO WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, WHETHER EXPRESSED OR IMPLIED. YOU USE IT AT YOUR OWN RISK. NEITHER THE AUTHOR, NOR HIS AUTHORIZED AGENTS ARE PERSONALLY LIABLE FOR DATA LOSSES, DAMAGE AND LOSS OF PROFIT OR ANY OTHER KINDS OF LOSSES ARISING OUT OF THE USE OR INABILITY TO USE THIS PROGRAM.
7. It is forbidden to use, copy, emulate, clone, lease, rent, sell, change, decompile, disassemble or transfer the licensed program or any of its parts. Any similar unauthorized application will results in an immediate and automatic cancellation of this license and may cause criminal and/or civil prosecution.
8. All rights which have not been otherwise expressed in the present agreement belong to Vasil Mikulich.
9. Installation and use of Disk Password Protection signifies acceptance of the terms of this license agreement.
10. If you do not agree with the terms of this license agreement, you may not use Disk Password Protection and you must remove the files of the program from your storage devices.
Thank you for using Disk Password Protection,